An old barn in the most rural part of Germany. A day and a night at the "Kulturelle Landpartie" in the Wendland region. Including an intimate concert with the pianist Kai Schumacher.
In May 2022 we filmed a Detect Classic session in front of an audience for the first time. The videos capture the piano sounds and dust swirls in the barn and give a little insight into an enchanted live moment. Our thanks to Ein Ding der Möglichkeit for their hospitality and great atmosphere at the farm, and to all the visitors who brought our event to life.
In 2023 you can see Kai Schumacher live at the Detect Classic Festival!
kai schumacher in concert
His arrangements and compositions are powerful, rousing, intoxicating and full of feeling. With an almost percussive manner, Kai Schumacher makes dramatic scenes unfold on the grand piano. His concerts are acts of pure musical and stylistic alchemy, blending Dadaism and dancefloor, avant-garde and pop culture. With his 2019 album RAUSCH, Schumacher turned the spotlight on his own compositions for the first time. Abstaining from using overdubs and electronics, he uses his own analog piano manipulations.
In addition to conceiving cross-genre concert formats, Kai Schumacher's repertoire as a pianist focuses on minimal music and 20th and 21st century American piano music.
At the detect Landpartie in Salderatzen, Kai presented various original compositions as well as arrangements of well-known (pop music) pieces.
- KANTHOLZ - Kai Schumacher (RAUSCH, 2019)
- A New Error - Moderat (Gernot Bronsert, Sascha Ring and Sebastian Szary), arranged by Kai Schumacher (Beauty in Simplicity, 2017)
- RAUSCH - Kai Schumacher (RAUSCH, 2019)
- Out Of Space - The Prodigy, arranged by Kai Schumacher (Transcriptions, 2013)
- ACABb - Kai Schumacher (RAUSCH, 2019)
- Let It Play - Peter Michael Hamel, arranged by Kai Schumacher (Beauty In Simplicity, 2017)
Photos: © Sophia Hegewald